Jill graduated from Iowa State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Communication followed by a Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA). She has an extensive background in internal communications and digital communications, specifically in writing content for internal and external websites, email communications, and social media. Jill is also experienced in marketing communications, event-based communications and promotions, and in branding application. She strives to produce clear and concise material that is understandable and relatable to the majority of readers and works to follow the mantra “tell them what you’re going to say, say it, then tell them what you said”. Jill strongly believes that there is no excuse for poor grammar in digital materials! And while she will adhere to AP style as required by her customers, in general, you can have her Oxford comma when you pry it out of her cold, pale, and lifeless hands.
7 Interesting Facts
- She is a former professional ballroom dance competitor and instructor.
- She moved to Texas from Iowa in 2007.
- She has a 12-year-old step-daughter and she and her husband are currently waiting to adopt an infant.
- She has four large dogs (three Boxers and one South African Boerboel) and one tiny cat.
- She is obsessed with cupcakes and has a small cupcakery side-business.
- She spent a semester living and studying in London during her undergraduate program at Iowa State.
- She and her family love musical theatre and Jill is a trained musician in piano, flute, and voice.